KE Consol General Terms and Conditions
- KE Consol is the brand of Kerry Express (Hong Kong) Limited, (collectively "we", the "Company" or "KE ") we own and operate the site and app. Our site and app facilitate a convenient way of consolidation service.
- By using our service, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time without providing any prior notification. The amended terms and conditions are effective from the date they are published on our site. Your continued access and use of our site and our services shall represent your unconditional acceptance of the latest version of the terms and conditions.
- “we”, “us” or “our” is a reference to (name of person or company providing the services).
- “you” or “your” is a reference to the person to whom we are providing the services or delivering merchandise and who is required to pay for the merchandise we delivered.
Consignee guarantees that its Shipment is suitable for transportation. However, Shipment is deemed unsuitable for transportation if:
It is classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted articles by any applicable government department or other relevant organization or under any laws of any relevant jurisdiction.
KE Consol decides it cannot transport any item of any Shipment safely or legally (such items include but are not limited to: fragile or perishable items, animals, currency, bearer form negotiable instruments, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, artwork, passports / other identification documents, or samples, precious metals and stones, firearms, parts thereof and ammunition, human remains, pornography and illegal narcotics/drugs).
KE Consol shall not be liable for loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of the above items, which is included in Consignee’s Shipment whether the Consignee has informed KE Consol about such items or not. If KE Consol suspends its service in respect of any Shipment which is deemed unsuitable for transportation pursuant to this Section 1, then the Consignee shall not be entitled to any refund of transportation fee paid by Consignee to KE Consol in respect of such Shipment.
When submitting a consolidation order, members should fill in the description of the item correctly in Chinese. Parcels may be inspected, detained and/or seized by the customs authorities if items therein are prohibited or not correctly declared. We disclaim all liabilities arising from your failure to comply with this clause and reserve the right to recover from you all losses and damages incurred.
Cut-off Time and China Warehouse Working Hours
Cut-off time is 2:00 p.m., parcels will be dispatched on the same day (except Saturdays or public holidays) provided that order is received by us before the cut off time and full payment is made. It will subject to system records.
China Warehouse receive parcels at 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. everyday.
- Parcels that arrive at the warehouse before 12:00 noon will be put-away in storage on the same day.
- Parcels may be signed as received by the courier in the e-commerce platform system upon pick-up of the parcels before they physically arrive at the warehouse. In case of inconsistency between status of your parcel shown at the e-commerce platform and our system, please try again later.
Hong Kong Standard Delivery Time
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. From Monday to Saturday
Except for Public holidays, days when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above are hoisted.
Customer Service Business Hours
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday (Lunch Hour: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday
Except for public holidays, days when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above are hoisted.
- In the event of special events (e.g. double 11 and double 12 shopping festivals) and China statutory holidays, the time of dispatch and delivery will be subject to change. Please refer to our announcement from time to time.
- The Hong Kong or China customs do not prescribe the time required for the parcels to be seized, and we will not be responsible for any compensation or liability.
- If consignee declares the parcels do not match the actual product/ prohibited/ sensitive goods, Hong Kong and China customs can seize the individual guest shipment and will not notify the time of return.
- The maximum number of packages that may be combined under a consolidation order is 60.
- Free time at the China warehouse is 30 calendar days and thereafter storage charges will apply.
Shipping Rate calculation
Shipping rate is determined according to the actual weight or the volumetric weight of the parcel, whichever is greater.
- The minimum unit weight per item is 0.1kg. Any weight less than 0.1kg will be rounded up to the nearest 0.1kg.
- The volumetric weight of the parcel is determined by the actual dimension measured by the warehouse.
- In respect of weight of parcels after consolidation, any weight less than 1kg will be rounded up to the nearest 1kg.
Volumetric weight formula
Length (cm) X Width (cm) X Height (cm) ÷ 6000 = Volumetric Weight (kg)
Dimension of parcel is 30cm ×50cm ×60cm
Volumetric weight of parcel is 30cm ×50cm ×60cm ÷6000=15kg,
Actual weight of parcel is 5kg
As the volumetric weight is greater than the actual weight, the shipping rate will be calculated based on the volumetric weight (i.e. 15kg).
Registration of your parcel in the system
You can check whether the parcels have arrived at our warehouse in our website or APP.
If the information of your member account is correctly shown on the delivery note, our system will register the parcel to your account automatically and you do not need to register the parcel in our system manually.
However, if your courier record indicates that the parcel is received at our warehouse but no record can be found in your “Consolidated” after 1 working day, please enter the courier no. in “Claim” register your parcel manually.
Reasons why your parcel cannot be automatically registered include:
- The delivery note does not show your member number.
- The delivery note is not clear or broken.
- You may top up your account with:
- Payment can be made by:
- Credit Card (Visa / Mastercard)
- WeChat Pay HK (Only desktop web version is supported)
- Parcels will be delivered to your door without additional charge if there is lift access and the trolley can fit in the lift at the delivery address. There are surcharge of stair if we need to delivery by stair as there are no lift or the parcel cannot fit to entry the lift. The parcel still cannot fit for delivery through stair, it must be delivery to ground floor.
- Surcharges for delivery to remote areas (e.g. outlying islands) will apply. Please refer to relevant rate table.
- Surcharges (e.g. stair charges, parking fee etc.) will apply for any parcel. Consignee shall pay such additional charges to our courier by cash.
- If we are required to carry the parcels through staircases either up or down, stair charges will apply (stair charges will be waived if the total number of steps is not more than 5). Stair charge will be HKD$30 per parcel per floor (not more than 20 steps) or every 20 steps (up to a maximum of 8 floors. This only apply on either each individual parcel should not more than 30kg or the side of the each individual parcel should not exceed 160cm.
- If the driver is required to park its vehicle at paid carpark, we will notify the consignee who may choose either delivery to door or delivery to ground floor. Relevant parking fees will be charged to the consignee at cost.
- No delivery to restricted areas will be provided.
- Special Area Delivery Schedule:
- Discovery Bay, Ma Wan, Chek Lap Kok (including HK International Airport) and Hong Kong Disneyland
Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
(Afternoon Delivery is not available to Ma Wan)
- Ngong Ping 360, Cheung Chau, Lantau Island, Mui Wo, Tai O, Peng Chau and Lamma Island Only on Saturday
- Discovery Bay, Ma Wan, Chek Lap Kok (including HK International Airport) and Hong Kong Disneyland
- We will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery caused by accidents, traffic conditions, weather conditions or other circumstances beyond our control.
- All services will be suspended when Black Rainstorm Warning Signal, Typhoon Signal No. 8 or higher is hoisted. Relevant orders will be delivered on another date.
- KE Consol reserves the right to amend, modify or discontinue any service, tariffs and applicable terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In case of any dispute, KE Consol reserves the right of final decision.
Overlength/Overweight Additional Fee
Surcharge of HK$160 will apply if either side of the each individual parcel exceeds 160cm or the actual weight is over than 50 kg. This is not include Heavy Parcel.
Delivery additional fee
Non-Commercial Areas or Residential Areas HKD$20
Outlying Island (1): HKD$90
Including Ma Wan, Chek Lap Kok (including HK International Airport), Hong Kong Disneyland
Outlying Island (2): HKD$300
Including Discovery Bay, Ngong Ping 360, Cheung Chau, Lantau Island, Mui Wo, Tai O, Peng Chau, Lamma Island
Outlying Island delivery service for smaller shipments with a weight of 8kg below and the total length of each item cannot exceed 105cm.
- The consignee shall consolidate the parcels arrived at our China warehouse within 30 calendar days. Free time at the China warehouse is 30 days and thereafter storage charges at HKD$1 per day per parcel will apply. Parcels stored for more than 90 days will deemed to be abandoned. We will clear that parcel record in our system and dispose of the parcel at our sole discretion without further notice and compensation to the consignee.
- Free time at most self-pick up point is 3 working days (some of the self-pick up point is 2 working days), it will count from the parcels arrive day. Overdue order will be charged a storage charge HKD$10 per parcel and per calendar day. If the order overdue more than 14 calendar days, self-pick up point can settle the parcels by themselves without further notice and compensation.
- Parcels stored for more than 14 calendar days at our Hong Kong warehouse / self-pick up point, as we cannot get contact with consignee or else, will deemed to be abandoned. We will clear that parcel record in our system and dispose of the parcel at our sole discretion without further notice and compensation to the consignee.
Shipment Protection Plus Service (Optional)
Shipment protection plus service fee is determined according to the actual value of all items under the delivery order. The maximum declared value of each delivery order is HKD$4,000 (exclusive of delivery fees).
Our fee for this service is 2% of total declared value subject to a minimum fee of HKD$20.
- Only one claim can be made for each consolidation order.
- We will compensate based on declared value or actual loss, whichever is lower, provided however that the maximum compensation shall be HKD$4,000 per consolidation order.
General Terms and Conditions
- Shipment Protection Plus Service is applicable to consolidation service for shipment to Hong Kong only.
- Service fee will be rounded up to the nearest dollar (HKD).
- The Shipment Protection Plus Service covers loss or damage of the parcel that occurs during the period between confirmation of the consolidation order and the delivery of the parcel to the designated delivery address / completion of the pick-up procedures at the designated pick-up point (as the case may be).
- if the parcel is lost or damaged during the protection period, we will compensate based on declared value or actual loss, whichever is lower, provided however that the maximum compensation shall be HKD$4,000 per consolidation order.
- We do not offer Shipment Protection Plus Service to counterfeit goods, prohibited goods or non-carrying items. If the Parcel contains any of the said items, no compensation will be offered and any service fees paid will not be refunded.
- Any claim of loss must be submitted to our customer services representatives by email within 7 calendar days, failing which claims will not be accepted.
- In case of any breach or misrepresentation by the customer, we reserve the right to terminate Shipment Protection Plus Service of all relevant orders immediately, and any service fees paid will not be refunded.
- Kerry Express (Hong Kong) Ltd. is entitled to modify the service fees and terms and conditions the Shipment Protection Plus Service at our sole discretion by publishing the updated fees and terms and conditions on our website. For the avoidance of doubt, service fees shall be calculated based on the prevailing rates at the time of payment.
- In case of any disputes, we reserve the rights of final decision.
- In case of discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese version in respect of all or any part of the contents in the website, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Limitation of Liability
- We disclaim liability for any loss or damage other than loss or damage of the parcels.
- We disclaim liability for any loss, damage or confiscation of parcels resulting from force majeure or other circumstances beyond our control or caused by the acts or omissions of shipper or customer.
- Kerry Express (Hong Kong) Ltd. shall in no event be liable for any indirect or consequential losses or damages resulting from loss of shipment of parcels or any damages caused by delay.
- We shall not be responsible for any delay, misdelivery or loss or damage of parcels caused by:
- Inaccurate or incompletion shipment information (e.g. address or phone number of the consignee)
- Consignee address being an undeliverable area;
- violation of laws and regulations;
- Improper packaging or parcels or lack of indication of special handling requirement;
- Acts or omission of the shipper or consignee;
- Inherent or existing damage of the parcels;
- Delivery delay caused by weather; or
- Delivery delays caused by traffic accidents.
- In order to protect the rights and interests of customers, except for inspection required by government authorities or our random sampling check from time to time, we will not open the parcels to verify the quantity or condition of the items therein. We shall not be liable for missing items or inherent condition of the items within the parcels.
- The consignee is obliged to communicate with the shipper to ensure that adequately durable, resilient and well-thicken inner and outer packaging or containers are used to protect the goods from damage or loss during transit. Cushioning materials should also be placed within the package to protect the goods from vibration or shock.
- If the parcel contains fragile items (such as ceramics, glass products, crafts) or bendable items, the shipper and consignee are obliged to ensure that the following measures are taken:
- Good outer packaging: Item should be properly packed in a packaging container with sufficient durability and strength to protect it from damage during delivery, such as using nailed wooden outer box to withstand external pressure.
- Good inner packaging: Cushioning materials should be placed within the package and each fragile item must be individually packed with cushioning materials (e.g. thick foam, bubble paper or other shock-proof materials).
Warning labels: Chinese warning labels such as "Fragile item to be handled with care", "Fragile Item" and "Handle with Care" should be affixed to the outer packaging prominently. In the case of shipments that are vulnerable to bending and damage, a "Do Not Fold" warning label should be issued.
Loss / Damaged Parcels
- Our responsibility for the parcels commence when the parcels arrive at our warehouse and end upon delivery of the parcels to delivery address or pick-up point designated by the consignee.
- We disclaim liability for any loss or damage of the parcels during the delivery from the seller to our warehouse.
- Any claim of loss must be submitted to our customer services representatives by email within 7 calendar days, failing which claims will not be entertained.
- Upon receipt of sufficient information to substantiate your claim, we will make the compensation compare 3 times of shipment fee or the declared value or the value of the goods depends which is lower, maximum claim HKD$800.
- You are advised to take out additional insurance coverage at your own costs if our compensation is considered insufficient.
Filing of Claims
- Please keep the original packaging and take photos of the parcel in different angles.
- If you suspect that the package is damaged or has been opened before, please put in remarks upon signing of the delivery note, failing which no claim will be accepted.
- No compensation will be offered if parcel is seized by the customs authorities (e.g. due to containing of any counterfeit goods or restricted or prohibited goods) and we reserve our rights to recover from you all losses and damages incurred.
- All of the following must be provided in order to proceed with the claim:
- KE Consol delivery note
- Consignee contact number
- KE Consol Account
- Photos of inner and outer packaging of the parcel (clear order number must be shown ) (only applicable to cases other than lost shipment)
- Valid proof of authenticity (for example, official invoices issued by shops, handwritten receipts are not accepted)
- We will make the compensation within 14 working days after verification and acceptance of your claim.
- All compensation will be settled in Hong Kong Dollars and returned to your KE Consol Wallet.
- Any claim must be submitted to our customer services representatives by email within 7 calendar days after signing of the delivery note.
- In case of any disputes on a claim, we reserve the rights to make the final decision.
- Please make sure all the information is correct. Once the order is confirmed and the payment is completed, it will not be modified or cancelled.
- Through our site shopping, you might be eligible for a rebate of 100% of net payment of each order (“K-coins (Rewards)”). The merchandise with K-coins (Rewards) will be clearly indicated with the rate of rebate. Net payment shall mean the amount after deduction of, where applicable, K-coins (Rewards) and any other promotional offer or rebate given by KL Club or the suppliers.
- K-coins (Rewards) is only applicable for any purchase at our site.
- K-Coins do not expire when a member performs at least one eligible transaction every 18 months. The expiry date of K-Coins balance under the activity-based system will be automatically extended by 18 months based on the latest K-Coins credit/debit date.
- K-coins (Rewards) is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash.
- K-coins (Rewards) is not applicable for the payment of delivery charge.
- K-coins (Rewards) accumulated will be cancelled when your user account is terminated.
Redeem Code & Coupon
- Redeem Code can be redeemed for Coupon.
- Coupon must be input during the designated promotion period.
- Coupon is subject to use conditions before they can be used, e.g. spending designated amount or specify customer.
- Coupon is only applicable on KE Consol Platform & App.
- Customer redeem Redeem Code for Coupon and view unused coupons and past usage records in the following places,
“My Coupon” of “Account” in KE Consol Platform;
“My Coupon” of “My” in KE Consol App.
- Customer can use Coupon by following steps,
Choose the Coupon before you checkout;
Enter the Redeem code at the field of “Enter Redeem Code” during the checkout process.
- Only one Coupon can be used in a single transaction.
- Each Redeem Code has different usage time.
- There are no renewal if the Coupon amount is greater than the consumption amount.
- Coupon cannot be used to settle the fee of “Shipment protection plus service”.
- Redeem Code & Coupon cannot be exchanged for cash, any integral or wallet balance.
- When the Redeem Code or Coupon used, the amount of any Redeem Code or Coupon will not be refunded once the order need to be cancelled.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of Kerry Express (Hong Kong) Limited shall be final.
These terms and conditions form the integral part of the General Terms and Conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, if there is any conflict between the English version and the Chinese version in this agreement, the Chinese version shall prevail.